Thursday 1 August 2013

Decorating with abigail*ryan Wallpaper...

Okay... I'm having FAR too much fun with this virtual decorating lark and starting to feel a little disillusioned when I look around my own bedroom! Anyway, onward to scheme number three...

Today, I've had fun decorating a bedroom space with our Cosmo Maraschino papers, and cushions (I would also choose curtains in our matching fabric, but that's an aside). I love eclectic and maximalist interiors, and really enjoyed playing up the deep blue in the Maraschino print - the line work is a lovely vibrant navy - and adding pops of orange which further compliments the blue. The gorgeous boucherouite rug, a huge trend right now, has enough colours in it that you could play up any number of other hues to avoid everything feeling too 'matchy matchy', but, I loved mixing in lots of vibrant neon pinks, along with the blue and orange, as this Wallpaper really does wake up a room and I wanted the pink to remain the star!

It's tricky to find unusual bedroom furniture, especially gorgeous bed-heads, so I have been obsessed with this one ever, and the matching chair, since finding it on Pinterest. Well worth shipping from Australia, right? That's what I'm trying to convince Ryan of, anyway...

I think I would pick out the wet concrete grey colour from the Cosmo flower backgrounds as my paint or woodwork colour (Farrow and Ball do especially gorgeous eggshell paint, which is beautiful for woodwork)...

What do you think? Would you like this paper as an accent behind your bed, or would you be brave and go ALL OVER?!

Hope you're enjoying this little series and it's inspiring you to consider a*r Wallpaper for your home!
More, soon.

Abigail x


Credits - Clockwise from TOP: Bedhead - The Family Love Tree, Down that Little Lane / Gloss Orange Mirror - In Style Decor / For Like Ever - Super Rural / Siren by Jean Pierre Brown at Made / Cosmo Maraschino Cushions, in Florimetric and Rotunda - abigail*ryan / Navy Bedding - John LewisPink Parrot - Linea House of Fraser  (I just picked this up myself, it's on sale!) / Boucherouite Rug (for similar, try HERE) / Peacock Chair - The Family Love Tree, Down that Little Lane / Cosmo Maraschino Floribunda Cushion - abigail*ryan / Faux Bamboo Dresser - Redford House / Marie Antoinette Poster, pimped up with spray paint (found on Pinterest, source unknown) / Orange Lacquer Boxes - In Style Decor / Cosmo Marschino Wallpaper - abigail*ryan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I LOVE IT ALL. That said, the peacock chair and headboard have been on my lust list for some time - god they are beautiful. Also, I have totally just ordered that parrot ornament!! It's awesome, thanks for the tip! xxx

abigail*ryan said...

Thanks Kimberly! I would love to buy all of this scheme right now and re-do our terribly neglected (awkward shaped) bedroom... I agree, the bedhead and peacock chair are SOOOO good.

Yay, so glad you got the parrot ornament. We're picking ours up in town tomorrow. Such a bargain.
XX