Monday 12 April 2010

Mould it, babycakes...

I think it's safe to say that here in the abigail*ryan household, we are crazy about bakeware, and baking. If we're honest, I think we just like cake...probably a little too much!

Whilst browsing the amazing selection of Bundt pans on the Nordicware website, we've ear-marked two more pans we would LOVE to add to our growing collection... we really liked the idea of the faux ice-cream cones which would be fantastic for a partaaay - and the bugs are really cute, too. I love the attention to detail in the pan, where it's shape is a leaf... very sweet indeed.

(On a side note: I am attempting to become more at one with creepy crawlies as I am flexing my green fingers and trying to suppress my black thumb in the garden - so I am outside more, sharing space with critters galore! I'm sure these cakes could help smooth the way, no?..)

As part of our mammoth clear-out and organise ahead of our move, we're creating a whole drawer/basket in our larder JUST for nestling baking tins...hopefully these will go up tomorrow...

Yes, we're geeks - and yes, we're proud! ;)

Cake, anyone?

abigail@abigail*ryan

3 comments:

Vivienne Percy said...

Count me in, loving these as you would expect. I know - I am a terrible influence.... no pressure but looking for interesting cake shapes when I come, a castle, a hedgehog, a treasure chest, anything will do!!! xxxx

kirstin said...

I almost bought that bug cake tin when in New York 3 years ago in Williams and Sonoma. But I have seen it over here in Lakeland shops.

abigail*ryan said...

haha... you are indeed, Mum! ;)

Kristin, thanks so much for stopping by! Brilliant to hear they're available in Lakeland - they have just opened one in Belfast which I am delighted about as I knew I would miss the one in Glasgow when I move over! I think the bugs are a must...

...and on a side note: Williams Sonoma...*swoon* ;)

a*r